Nessland

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother...

I just stumbled upon this classic song last night. One of the songs that just gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out.

However, that's not what I'm pointing out. According to my observations, just trust me on this one, it seems like the word "bitch" is being used as one of the ultra cool new items among the shabab culture's lexicon in the Magical Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Follwing are a few excerpts heard at any random mall over the past year and what I can remember. (context: random people screaming on their cell phones).

First one:
"Dude, she dumped you?"
"Yeah her parents caught her, whatever, she was a bitch aslan" (aslan is really)

Second one:
"What do you mean we have to break up and it was a big mistake? You feel bad about your parents? YOU BITCH! You're just a pure bitch who enjoys dumping people. I bet you did this to thousands of boys before me"

Third:
"Check out the bitch (and/or slut/ whore) next to the escalator, isn't she checking you out?Man, I bet you could get her to go out in a day!"
"No kidding, kam ta3teeny ya sheikh...Tsadeg, from the looks of it, hal G***A isn't going to take me more than an hour!" (I do not feel the need to translate).

Anyways, yeah so you get my point? It's amazing how such words appeal so much to the shabab culture and nothing else for that matter. If they ever trip to think over these "bitches" who actually turn out to be mothers later on, they just might think twice before judging.

Oh well, happy Mother's Day you all!

5 Comments:

  • Happy mothers day y'll. you gonna get some from me if you did not call your mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2006 7:57 PM  

  • hmm..these b word seems very famous. By the way, why were you listening to othere people's conversation.???

    By Blogger Kothari, at 5/15/2006 9:48 AM  

  • You're right, even among girls, the use of western curse words is increasing. The funny thing about girls is that you almost never hear us use arabic curse words. strange, eh? LOL
    I'm not just against using degrading words to point to females, but using foul language in general shows that the person has no class. I'm glad that you are above that =)

    By Blogger SunShine, at 5/15/2006 6:44 PM  

  • is that seasons in the sun? just wondering.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 7:19 PM  

  • axlrose - no, it's not seasons in the sun.

    By Blogger feveri, at 5/20/2006 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!