Nessland

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bus Ride!

While riding a public bus to the airport on Thursday through Detroit, these observations were recorded by your highness.

Before riding a bus, people just staring at me at the bus stop for I was walking with a starbucks in my hand. Made me wonder and ponder now why would they be staring.

After getting on the bus, random people getting on and asking if I've ever been to the airport. Some of them excited to receive their loved ones. Some of them just planning to stop short of the airport at their workplaces. Some of them just wanted to get somewhere; those were the people without homes.

During the bus ride, I noticed a Rolex billboard right across a neighborhood which comprised of houses no bigger than an average high school classrooms. Witnessed two women and one man trying to give a car wash to a scruffed 89' Caprice Classic.

By the time I got to the airport, there was no one in the bus except me. So much for my observations huh? It took more than an hour and I felt like I saw the real Detroit for the first time.

1 Comments:

  • well, hope u enjoyed it!! learn from your roomate because you are going to be the tour guide next year your highness!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2006 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!