Nessland

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Infamous Disappearing Act

Sorry about the disappearing act from moi. I was actually vacationing and didn't wanna think about blogging in mid-summer and then it just kinda dragged after that and here I am now, a week into my university and finally thinking of recounting my vacation tales.

Well it was quite a busy summer. I went to Karachi and got to see all that flooding and pouring rain. Enjoyed it actually but got back before it was over. Two weeks at home before I took off for back-to-school chores and yeah, seems like a pretty okay semester. Did I ever tell how much I love to study marketing? I would love to take all the marketing classes if I could but I gotta have the pre-reqs for each one of em and that kinda sucks so yeah...just one for now.

On a literary note, I also picked up Benazir Bhutto's autobiography Daughter of the East and found it quite fascinating (as a poli sci minor at least). Very detailed and much much descriptive including her personal details a lot more than the general overview of her party. Unfortunately, she concluded it a few days before she became the prime minister. I would've loved to read about her views after she was 'thrown off' twice from her post.

Other than that, it was a pretty busy summer and quite a few meet-ups with tons of friends. After I've got back, it's crazy how much time I've been spending on the phone but I know it will be over soon and my friends/acquaintances will get busy soon with their daily lives as well (hopefully). New academic year is quite exciting plus getting together with all the friends and kicking off my fifth year boarding when I'm only 19:)

I will have references to my vacation stories spread out during the year as per the topic I wanna write about so that's the reason you can't find much in here. Overall, summer was fun and especially the flight back to detroit was an awesome final touch to it;)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!